Tuesday 2 October 2012

So here I am... blogging!

It has taken me a long time to get round to doing this, for several reasons. Mainly self consciousness - I never was any good at writing a diary, I edited too much between brain and page. Also time... show me a teacher who has enough of that! And finally, I have been convinced for a long time that no-one would want to read it, that they would think I was arrogant for sharing my nothing-special ideas.

But I think I had it wrong on several counts...

Firstly, this is primarily for me, to record my ideas, to remind myself when work gets crazy of the things I am trying to achieve this year; so that I can see how far I have come, what has worked and what hasn't. Also,  there are LOTS of people out there documenting their ideas, and I love reading them. Some are really are amazing, some are useful, some I would never have thought of, some I do already, some I totally disagree with... and isn't that the point? We all need inspiration from somewhere.

So here goes, I think I will be kicking off in a few days with some thoughts on plenaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment